And now for a brief rant.

| June 18, 2009

I don't care. I don't. Something is going on in Iran...I know there is because they wont stop blathering about it on the teevee. No one has as of yet made a compelling case to me why we should be involved with what goes on in any of these countries (of which Iran seems to be the epicenter).

I know--or seem to have absorbed--that in one corner we have Mohammed Ahmadinejad, I'madinnerjacket, whatever, favorite boogeyman of the likes of John Bolton... and in the other Mir Hossein Mousavi, "gray-bearded 67-year-old [who] was at the heart of a regime that executed dissidents, took U.S. hostages and launched a fatwa against author Salman Rushdie." Change we can believe in I guess.

Which reminds me, hows our boy doing? You remember, that guy, Barack Obama... now don't get all crazy, I didn't mean "boy" in that southern GOP kinda way, I meant it in that vaguely urban, "holla at ya boy" way. Shit, that doesn't work either, huh? It's hard out here for a Progressive. Not that I feel that much aligned with Pwoggies anymore.

I'm also not referring to the Administration's struggling for right response to Iran. No I mean all that Pinko Commie Lib shit he's been pulling, denying full Federal health benefits to same sex couples, bombing civilians indiscriminately in Pakistan via drones, or any of the growing list of broken promises he's racked up...I was just wondering if you figured out a way to care about it all. Cause I can't, really. Certainly don't care to show up at a voting booth anytime in the next 2 to 4 years either.